Emerging areas of governance include renewable marine energy and marine bioprospecting the search for new and useful biological and genetic resources. SIDS are part of a marine environmental governance regime that includes multiple, interrelated and overlapping forums, actors, geographical spaces, environmental norms and principles, substantive issue areas, and legal and institutional arrangements that straddle international to local contexts.
Sustainable Ocean Governance A Geographical Perspective Ocean Management And Policy Series
Marine governance is a challenge for the limited human, technical and financial resources available to the developing islands states that are the subject of this book. You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
- Book Review.
- Content Metrics?
- Full Circle a Life with Hong Kong & Chi.
- Boko Haram: The Socio-Economic Drivers.
- Class, Ethnicity, Gender and Latino Entrepreneurship (New Approaches in Sociology).
Elgaronline requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals. Please login through your library system or with your personal username and password on the homepage.
- Constructing Masculinity (Discussion in Contemporary Culture)!
- Recommended For You?
- Making Sense of the Central African Republic.
- Regional ocean governance in Europe: the role of fisheries!
- Account Options.
- Your Call Is (Not That) Important to Us: Customer Service and What It Reveals About Our World and Our Lives (Updated Edition);
- Theatre/Ecology/Cognition: Theorizing Performer-Object Interaction in Grotowski, Kantor, and Meyerhold.
Your library may not have purchased all subject areas. If you are authenticated and think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian. Don't have an account?
Marine Ecosystems and Governance MRes
Not registered? Sign up. More Contact us Publish with us Subscribe.
- VTLS Chameleon iPortal Full Record.
- Regional ocean governance in Europe: the role of fisheries – Research4Committees.
- The Politics of Tourism Development: Booms and Busts in Ireland.
- Plant Pathogen-Detection & Disease Diagnosis 2nd ed. (Books in Soils, Plants, and the Environment)?
- Related Posts.
- Regional oceans governance mechanisms: A review.
Print Save Cite Email Share. There is significant overlap in the types of pressures and challenges across the regions.
Therefore, there is much opportunity for cooperation and sharing lessons learned on common topics of interest. However, more importantly, the review of the situation in each of the European regional seas indicates that the regions significantly differ in terms of the institutional and political structures dealing with these pressures and challenges. In other words, while some best practices in terms of ocean governance can be shared across regions, this requires adaptation to the specificities of each region.
The effectiveness of regional ocean governance depends to a large extent on the manner in which content is given to such coordination and cooperation processes.
Please give us your feedback on this publication. Regional ocean governance in Europe: the role of fisheries Published by kingaostanska on August 15, Share this: Twitter. Like this: Like Loading Tags: regional organisations PECH ocean governance international cooperation inernational organisations fisheries. Leave a Reply Cancel reply.
Related Sustainable Ocean Governance: A Geographical Perspective (Ocean Management and Policy Series)
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved